Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Romance Reads.. Update 2

 



I apologize for being late in getting this post up here. Last half of February had things being done to our house- and then, just life happening. Time flew by! But, I'm here now to give you to thoughts on the second half of my Romance Reads Month. So, here we go!


Always the Wedding Planner Never the Bride
By: Sandra D. Bricker
Christian Romance, Christian Fiction

This is book 2 in Bricker's An Emma Rae Creation series. In this book, Sherilyn Caine ahs found the man of her dreams. They found love, and an engagement, in a very short period of time. Both are now moving back to Atlanta. Not only are jobs awaiting them, but wedding plans, too. Sherilyn has been hired as the resident wedding planner for The Tanglewood Inn. While getting a job may no longer be on her list of things to do, finding a place to live, a wedding dress that doesn't mysteriously disappear (twice), setting a date, and meeting her mother in law are. Not to mention the reason behind a pesky rash that flares up at in opportune times. Is Sherilyn allergic to her fiancé? And what is in her past that is holding her back from fully embracing the future that is waiting for her?

I am pretty sure I read this book several years ago, but don't remember much of it. So, it was really like reading it for the first time. Again. I loved it. The characters you met from book one come back and join the mix. You smile, you chuckle, your heart breaks a little when you find out what's been haunting Sherilyn for years. It was another cozy installment to a delightful series. Another Hallmark movie book.



The Unhoneymooners
By: Christina Lauren
Romance

Olive is the maid of honor in her sister's wedding. Ethan is the Best Man. They don't get along. However, when everyone gets sick at the wedding from food poisoning but them, they find themselves posing as the newlyweds on the honeymoon. Plans of staying out of each other's way quickly go out the window when Olive's new boss is at the the same hotel. As is Ethan's ex- with her new fiancé. Over the 10 days they get to know each other and realize their original impressions may have been wrong. But is that all that's wrong in their world?

This book came out a year, or two ago and made q huge stir. Everywhere I looked, I found readers raving about it. They all made it out to seem so funny and fun and steamy. Well, it did have fun and funny moments. I wouldn't call it steamy, though. As I read the book, I felt there were a lot of things that were left out of the description everyone gave. They weren't deal breakers, but just made more sense once you knew. Example: Olive's twin sister is the bride- hence Olive being able to pose as the bride. 

I didn't love the book like most other readers did. I did enjoy it. It was a fun read, but I wasn't glued to the book. Nor did I fly through it in a day. I'm glad I read it. It was a fun premise and I was curious to see how it would unfold. It isn't one I would read again, though. 


As I said, the second half of February wasn't as productive as the first half- book wise. I did manage to read the vast majority of the list I made for this month. I'm not always good at sticking to a preset list of books, so I'm proud that I didn't do too bad this time around. There's always next year!! Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reads.. Update 2

  I apologize for being late in getting this post up here. Last half of February had things being done to our house- and then, just life hap...